A long-distance relationship works, but…
In the end, you need to decide where do you want to live. There is no other option.
I had five years of a long-distance relationship, there are few things to do for it to work:
- Don’t skip days without seeing each other. There are so many video-calling apps, don’t make excuses.
- Do things together over video calling: watch movies, tv shows, YouTube and whatever you want with screen sharing (Syncplay is the best)
- If you find something interesting on the internet, send it and talk about it.
- Keep seeing each other in person, at least monthly.
- Treat it like a normal relationship. Inform your partner about your activities and plans. Ask for approval if needed.